*Watch Our Video Below To Learn What We Do.
What we are about
The HEART Program is a nonprofit organization that encourages growth and graduation by helping meet the basic needs of Kalispell and Evergreen students struggling with homelessness. The HEART Program consists of four parts: The HEART Locker, The Locker Learning Center, The HEART Markets and The HEART Fund. Please click on the other pages to learn more about each part of the HEART Program.
HEART Locker 514 E. Washington St. (Behind Taco Bell)
Open To Accept Donations:
Monday and Tuesday 8 to 10 am and Wednesday from 3 to 6 pm
- Pass along kids clothing from size 5 (kindergarten) up through High School sized items.
- Give an hour of your time to help sort and organize donated clothing.
- Donate school supplies and/or personal hygiene products.
- For students only
- 3 visits per school year
- Only take what you need
NOTE: As of October 15th, 2018 the Heart Locker will no longer be open to walk-ins. Donations will still be accepted during our normally scheduled times. Families are invited to make appointments for private shopping after this date. We have simply outgrown our old “Open Shopping” model. Appointments are available Monday – Wednesday from 3pm to 6pm. Call Nichole at (406) 751-3630 to make an appointment. Teens are still welcome ANYTIME!
Locker Learning Center (Located at The HEART Locker)
- Donate young adult books for our mini-library.
- We are always in need of art supplies.
- Share your special talent with students in a workshop format.
- Donate Snacks and “Grab-and-Go” food.
- Donate gift cards in $10 increments from places where students could get a meal on the weekends/summer. Example: SUBWAY is the most popular choice, for givers and the students in need.
Monetary donations are always needed and greatly appreciated.
If you are a business, church, group, troop, club, organization, or association I would appreciate the opportunity to come and speak at your next gathering. There truly is something simple every person can do to help these students.
Homeless Education Liaison